Sites

9/2/107/0004

Group

SiteHeader

SiteID: 

27178

FullSiteName: 

Dutch Reformed Church, Robinsky Street, Williston

SiteCategory: 

PropertyIsSite: 

No

ReferenceList: 

Group content visibility: 

Use group defaults

Author: 

Anonymous
Post date: 07/08/2012
Site Comments:

Archive Import
History: This neo-Gothic church, the cornerstone of which was laid on 12 November 1912, was erected by the builder Van der Hoven in the years 1912-1913 from locally procured stone and other material. The church was officially consecrated on 31 August 1913 by the Rev. S. H.Kuhn.
Visual Description: Imposing cruciform stone building with pointed Gothic windows and doorways. Porches on three sides. Corrugated iron roof. Sturdy tower with spire and weather-cock. Ornamental diagonal butresses at corners.
Colours:
Site Features:
Condition: Good
Construction Date: 1912
Materials:
Catalogue: , No: , Significance Category:

Admin Comments:
Inscription: On buttress below steeple '2 Nov:/1912'
 
 

Search form