Sites

4/T/BAR/1

Group

SiteHeader

SiteID: 

16

FullSiteName: 

Guard House, Corner Lee Road and Judge Street, Barberton

SiteCategory: 

PropertyIsSite: 

No

ReferenceList: 

Group content visibility: 

Use group defaults

Author: 

Anonymous

FeaturedSite?: 

NO
Post date: 07/08/2012
Site Comments:

Archive Import
History: This wood and corrugated iron guard house was erected during 1901 to protect the concentration camp, the camp hospital and the town during the Anglo-Boer War. It is probably the only surviving blockhouse of its kind.
Visual Description:
Colours:
Site Features:
Condition:
Construction Date: 1901
Materials:
Catalogue: , No: , Significance Category:

 
 

Search form